Thursday, August 18, 2005

NHL to OLN

Strange as it may seem, the primarily "indoor" NHL is moving from ESPN to the Outdoor Life Network. ESPN Article

Although OLN's reaches about 27 million fewer homes (including my current one, not my future one!) than ESPN, I think this is a great move. While ESPN has the national exposure and has no competition in being the number one sports network, the NHL was getting sandwiched between numerous other sporting events, big and small (before the lockout, of course).

We do not know how many games OLN will televise as of yet. With the NHL now being the signature event on OLN, I would imagine the amount of hockey seen on TV in the US will increase exponentially and with more consistency. I can imagine a "Game of the Week" on a specific day and time. I can envision 7:00/10:00 television doubleheaders to satisfy fans on both coasts.

I'll even do a plug: If you don't get the Outdoor Life Network, call you local cable or satellite operator today. The NHL is back and it should be a fun year.

BQ UPDATE:

The timing is working out perfectly. She has been offered a position in Amarillo! It will still be a few weeks to a couple months before I make the move, but the ball is rolling smoothly and nicely so far. I will let her give you the tasty details when she has a chance on her site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home