Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Roid Rage

Keep the crap out of the game and out of my ears. That's all.

Listening to ESPN Radio over the past couple of days, I want to talk about something else besides steroids and Rafael Palmeiro. My Astros have made an unbeliveable turnaround over the past couple months. I can barely see them on TV let alone hear about them on a national level. I want to talk about them, so here's my own 'roid rage.

I don't care if the steroids are "detectable" or not.
I don't care who used someone else's ass as a pin cushion.
I don't care about selfish egos who are ruining their already superb, gifted bodies.

I don't care "whose fault it is" as you obviously don't care about what you put into your bodies (yes, you know what you were taking).
I don't care how long you are suspended as I don't want you around the game anyway.

I DO care about the integrity of the game and home run records. Roger Maris will be my home run hero until someone else cleanly proves otherwise (If you haven't seen the movie 61*, go watch it immediately).

I DO care that one of the most raw talents I have ever witnessed, and one of my favorite ballplayers of all time (Ken Caminiti) is DEAD in part due to steroid use.

On a happier note...
I DO care that the Astros are currently in the wild-card position.
I DO care that the Astros and Atlanta Braves are on pace to meet in the playoffs for the fifth time since 1997 (why me?!?!). Go 'Stros!
I DO care that the NFL Preseason is days away. Go Titans!
I DO care that the Stars hurry up and sign Mike Modano. Go Stars!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hippity Hop said...

Go BRAVES!!! :->

8/03/2005 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home