Sunday, August 14, 2005

The finer things...

Whenever there's a big life-changing event in your life, there's always room to worry, complain, and just plain be grumpy. Sometimes you just need a wakeup call.

The Bunny Queen (BQ) and I are in the process of getting back to Amarillo, TX, and we are doing many "lasts" in Georgia before heading back, such as seeing friends one more time, eating at specific restaurants, etc.

This past weekend, we had our niece, Speedy, down for a visit. Speedy is a beautiful, highly intelligent girl who is about ready to make the jump into college life. She is quick with a comeback, but also quite lovable.

We played video games, went out to eat, had a yard sale and simply had a great time together. Being with her, the BQ and I pretty much set our worries aside and were carefree for the first time in quite a while.

I noticed something about myself too...not once did I check the scores for the Astros or Titans games the entire time she was here. No updates...no scores on the computer monitor...nothing. Friday night, we were up past midnight laughing and carrying on as time flew by. The games were over before I knew they started.

Without a doubt, I love my sports and my teams. Without a doubt, we are getting back to Amarillo. But sometimes you just have to put everything aside and be thankful for what you have and what really matters in life.

Thanks, Speedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home